Senior Front-end Developer
TMW is a full-service advertising agency based in Soho. We’d like to hire a talented Front-end Developer to join our experienced technical team.
What we do in the tech team
We develop large, global websites, campaign microsites and mobile applications for our clients, their brands and their campaigns. These projects are varied and often for both national and international advertising campaigns. We strive to always be on the forefront of technology and we use the latest insights and marketing techniques to increase engagement.
What do we expect from you?
You are proud of the work that you do and strive to create high-quality code. You have a good eye for detail and design, and you work proactively to find innovative solutions and developments. You possess an insatiable appetite for learning new skills and are able to take initiative whilst mentoring more junior members of the tech team.
In the role of Front-end Developer you will:
- Build the front-end for global websites, campaigns and web apps.
- Collaborate with Graphic Designers, Front-end and Back-end Developers.
- Take responsibility for your work and the team's efforts, together with the production manager.
- Use & Contribute to Kickoff, our front-end framework. See http://trykickoff.com
- Mentor more Junior members of the tech team, making sure knowledge is shared.
- 5+ years professional experience in front-end development
- Semantic HTML5 markup
- CSS (especially CSS3) and a pre-processor such as SASS or LESS
- Knowledge of CSS methodologies such as OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS, etc.
- Node.js & npm
- Experience with Social API’s
- Understanding of Analytic tools & latest GTM workings
- Excellent experience working with responsive design
- An understanding of Application development using tools such as Cordova
- Automation with task runners such as Grunt, Gulp, or Webpack
- Excellent understanding of accessibility on the web, WCAG/WAI/ARIA
- Version control systems – we use Git and (rarely) SVN
- High interest in bleeding-edge front-end technologies
- A in-depth understanding of SEO best practices for both web design and development
- Confidence and competency in front of internal or external clients (we’re not looking for a business development superstar, though!)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- A Github profile with examples of open-source contributions
- Knowledge of design principles; typography, user interfaces, web standards and usability
- Experience with Browserify
- A portfolio demonstrating clean and compliant code.
- Experience with hardware-hacking, Leap motion, interactive installations etc.
- Experience with Application development (IOS, Android)
If you think you're up to the task, we'd love to hear from you. In return for your commitment to craft and code, we offer you some of the most challenging projects out there.
To join our team and for this role in particular please get in touch ASAP – We are interviewing now!Apply now