Middleweight Front-end Developer
TMW is a full-service advertising agency based in Soho. We’d like to hire a talented Front-end Developer to join our experienced technical team.
What we do in the tech team
We develop large, global websites, campaign microsites and mobile applications for our clients, their brands and their campaigns. These projects are varied and often for both national and international advertising campaigns. We strive to always be on the forefront of technology and we use the latest insights and marketing techniques to increase engagement.
What do we expect from you?
You’re proud of the work that you do and creating high quality code. You’ve got a good eye for detail and design, and you work proactively to find innovative solutions and developments. You’re not afraid to take initiative and you’re hungry to learn more.
In the role of front-end developer you will:
- Build the front-end for global websites, campaigns and web apps.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, front-end and back-end developers.
- Take responsibility for your work and the team's efforts, together with the production manager.
- Use Kickoff, our front-end framework. See trykickoff.github.io
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years professional experience in front-end development.
- Semantic HTML5 and CSS3 mark-up.
- CSS pre-processor such as SASS or LESS.
- Good experience working with responsive design.
- Automation task runners such as Grunt or Gulp.
- Basic understanding of accessibility on the web, WCAG/WAI/ARIA.
- Version control systems, such as Git.
- Overall interest in bleeding edge front-end technologies.
- Knowledge of CSS methodologies such as OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS, etc.
- A good understanding of SEO best practice for both web design and development
- Candidate needs to be competent in front of clients (internal or external), but not a business development superstar
- Excellent communication skills in the English language
- A Github profile with examples of open-source contributions
- Knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, web standards and usability
- Node.js & npm experience
- A portfolio demonstrating clean and compliant code.
- Experience with hardware-hacking, Leap motion, interactive installations etc.
If you think you're up to the task, we'd love to hear from you. In return for your commitment to craft and code, we offer you some of the most challenging projects out there.
To join our team and for this role in particular please get in touch ASAP – We are interviewing now!Apply now